Skip to main content

I'm Not Dead

The title explains it all! I'm not dead! I've been working hard for the past three years as a full-time funeral director/embalmer. I'm still racking my brain about how to deliver unique, interesting, and thought-provoking posts to an audience that enjoys reading, contemplating ideas, and is not overly sensitive and easily offended. The work I do is very personal so sharing it is a delicate process. However, death is something that we all experience and it holds the potential to be a topic where we can share some common ground and learn from each other.

Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated so let me know how I can help!

-Jamie

Comments

  1. I saw your article from 2013 or 2014 posted on some snapchat story today, and thought your story was so interesting and informative! Do you have any socials to follow you at, have you thought of making a YouTube channel or video going into detail about what you do? I know so many people who would find it fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've missed you!!!

Hello to all the 10s of people (or maybe I'm selling myself short) that probably read or stumbled across my blog! It's previous title was Mortician in Training but as you can see, the posts have been removed and it has remained empty for almost a month. I got several emails and texts and tweets asking me what happened to my blog. There's a simple answer: I had to take it down. It wasn't pretty, there were tears (for many reasons) but I've missed my blog. I've missed blogging and getting feedback and comments from my audience. So, as all the greats have done time and time again, I will reinvent myself and my blog. Dwelling on the past really helps no one and only leaves you feeling as if you've bathed in a big steamy pile of funk. I need to focus on the future and how I'm going to clean off the funk and roll full steam ahead. I have a lead on finishing up my funeral director's license and I hope to sit for the test in April. After that, the world re...